Sunday, February 28, 2016

JOYFUL NOISE


My friend Lydia is working on her own motivation issues by writing a blog she so aptly calls, CARROT:motivational mobilization.  I have been motivated to join her and hope this can get me back to more regular blogging.  For today, I am posting a little bit of creativity.  The stuff that keeps me going.  Lydia is calling for HEART AND MIND MONDAYS.



I have taken up the mandolin in the last few months, loving the plunkity-plunk and noticing I don't hit as many bad notes as time has gone on. Below is the main guy for mandolin lessons online.  Really nice and he doesn't get mad if I don't practice!

 
That's the noise part and some joy.

I have also made my first batch of wine.  Ooh, there's the JOY!!  Bottling the cabernet on Tuesday!




9 comments:

  1. Can I jump in that tub with you? Rebecca, I applaud your interest in the mandolin. I love how you can learn to do almost anything via the internet, even find a mandolin instructor. And winemaking, now that sounds like lots of fun. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. weehaaaa! WHen we breaking out the wine!? I couldnt recall what we said about the link so I took my link of you off... but youre still on the BOG page...oops...next time.... thanks so much Beckety boo... love this page... love this blog actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need a winemaker name and label now. Know any creative types? I'd trade...

      Delete
  3. ("what the hell are you kids doing in the bathroom??!! I distinctly recall saying, '15 minutes and no toys, wash up and out!'")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wondered a lot about making my own wine. I don't know that I have enough space, though. And a mandolin? So very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a small batch wine kit for Christmas. It makes 5 bottles of wine each time. I thought I could handle that much space. The fermentor container is only a gallon jug. If you got that much space you are golden. The biggest hassle is cleaning all the equipment, but that takes very little time. Just lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see exactly how the mandolin would bring you joy - it's such a happy sound.

    And homemade wine is guaranteed to bring joy :) Wonderful creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mandolin is such a beautiful instrument to take up! I'm hoping you will share a sound bite with us in the future! Instructors online, yet another of the million ways the Internet has made living easy. Making your own wine? Now that's really creative with sampling the results to be high on the list of fun things to do, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Josie! Can't wait to take a sip. I might get brave enough to do a sound clip. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete