Saturday, July 20, 2013

Something's funny

I try to remember funny signs I have seen.  They are usually the picture not taken, remembered so clearly.  The funniest one I have ever seen until now said :

EARS PIERCED WHILE YOU WAIT

PANTS PRESSED WHILE YOU WAIT is a runner up.

When I first saw these road signs on my first trip to South Africa, I couldn't wait to see more.  Perhaps I have a weird sense of humor.

This is a picture of a Kudu

Exclamation points come in handy for all sorts of things.

Exclamation points accompany a picture of goats, NO FENCES, HAZARDOUS OBJECTS...
BUT...

SOMETIMES WORDS AND PICTURES ARE JUST TOO LIMITING...






These "tree signs" are all over the country on major highways.  The reality of even having a tree and a picnic table is 70/30 at best.  In the Free State, it looks like this 95% of the time.  Thanks Janita for posing! Percentages are of course highly subjective.









I am not sure I could ever find a sign better than this!!!  Unfortunately or fortunately, the crow was not around during our visit.

1 comment:

  1. wow, we usually only see fetishist squirrels in the states! Those are a riot! I wont be leaving my ears behind any time soon , I suspect...Cant wait to see you guys in person soon?!

    ReplyDelete